Registration for the thesis
What should I do?
- ensure that as many students can write the BA thesis at the / the desired of them Examiner / in with uniform possible distribution of the BA-work on the available tester / inside, the German decided the following procedure of registration at the examination office connected upstream (Decision Institute Council 17.01.2007, 04.26.2010, 14.02.2011, 23.05.2012 and 30.04.2014)
- you want to write your thesis in summer term 20
- , enter no later than 02/28/2020 iIhre Erstgutachterwünsche in the office of the Institute for German Studies at Mrs. Broeren on.
- must specify your desired component (Linguistics, Literature, Foreign Language, Medieval Studies, Media Studies, Low German, in justified exceptional cases, subject didactics, s on this below.) In which you are writing and within the component
– your examiner-First choice
– your first examiner-second choice
– your first examiner-third request
– your first examiner-Fourth desired.
- all four desired auditor / inside to be chosen by you. Is there in your desired component is less than 4 Examiner / inside under cross table, then (and only. Then) a second-desired component is indicated. In this second-desired component so many desire auditor / inside are indicating that you come along with those given in the initial request component tester / inside on a total of four wish auditor / inside. Each / r auditor / in may be called only 1x.
Can I write my final paper in each component?
- Bachelor work in teaching methodology are only in particularly justified exceptional cases and by prior arrangement with N.N. (Language teaching, head of the component) or Prof. Jörn Brüggemann (Literaturdidaktik) admitted. (decision of the Institute Council of 26.04.2010, Vote: Unanimously no abstentions and no votes against)
- it is already at this point to the following provision of specialized equipment German Studies at the M.Ed. pointed Gym, GH, R:
Students should choose a topic that they have not been processed in the Germanic thesis in the Master’s thesis. deemed topics. literature, linguistics, medieval studies, media studies, German as a foreign language subject didactics, Low German (Low German in all subject-specific attachments)
- CYL is not a separate component CYL belongs to literature.. So if his thesis writes about CYL writes in component literature!
Where can I find the form?
- delivery of the first referee Desire auditor / internal application form can be downloaded here. Please give it personally (!) Mrs. Broeren during their office hours from.
- that are not completely filled out, less than four different examiners wishes for or the first supervisor / included in will not be accepted! (A prior consultation with the desire auditor / internal not required!)
Where can I find the authorized examiner teachers?
- can find the authorized examiner teachers in a PDF file that can be downloaded here. The table also shows who belongs to the group of professors. (The table is updated in early October for the winter semester 19/20. It forms the time nor the state SoSe 19 ab).
- may every expert and every appraiser as desired auditor / in state machine or has permission for an initial assessment for undergraduate work (in the table: x and also a and b).
- ultimately assigned primary supervisor / the you ultimately assigned Erstgutachterin must be considered when determining the second assessor / the second examiner (s to “Who determines who my / e is second supervisor / in?” Below.) The following must be observed: A / an exemption r of the two assessors / inside must be a member of the group of professors of the relevant field of study, otherwise must be applied (see § 22 (2) of the general part of the BPO.. “Notwithstanding sentence 2 may authorize in exceptional cases, the competent Bachelor audit committee that the thesis can also two full-time employed teachers who are not members of the group of professors or associate professor or lecturer are to be reviewed. “).
I also have to sign the examination office but me. What needs to be done when? What are the requirements?
- “registration” in the office of the German is the registration at the examination office upstream and runs completely independent of the Academic Examination Office, that the examination office to register for the registration is required as in the past in every case. The registration at the examination office is only possible once you your / e / was notified first supervisor in the Institute. This is expected to happen for the winter term 19/20 by the end of August.
- withdrawal from registration in the office of German at any time without giving reasons possible.
- withdrawal from registration at the examination office is subject to the regulations of the bachelor’s examination regulations.
- must also for the application in the office of the German still not meet the necessary conditions, according to examination regulations for writing the dissertation. It must be verified only during the registration at the examination office!
- of registration of the thesis to the Examinations Office:
- you have signed up for the summer term 19 in the office of the German Bachelor Thesis
- You need to sign your thesis no later than 09/30/19 to the examination office. It is foreseeable that you can not do this, you have to undergo for the winter term 19/20 again the registration process in the office of German. Registration deadline for the winter semester 19/20 was the 15/08/2019!
- you have signed up for the winter term 19/20 in the office of the German Bachelor Thesis
- You need to sign your thesis no later than 03/31/2020 at the examination office. It is foreseeable that you can not do this, you have to undergo for the summer term 20 once the registration procedures in the office of German. Registration deadline for the summer semester 20, the 02/28/2020
- you plan to register for the summer semester 20 in the office of the German to the thesis, you need to sign your thesis no later than 09/30/2020 at the examination office. It is foreseeable that you can not do this, you have to undergo for the winter term 20/21 again the registration process in the office of German. Registration deadline for the winter semester 20/21 is [to be announced]
– The Examination Office points out that the application must be accompanied by a copy of the High School Diploma
Who determines who my / e is second supervisor / in?
- according to the Institute Council decision of 14.02.2011 and in consultation with the Academic Examination Office by the first supervisor / from the Erstgutachterin according to content criteria and taking into account the requirement that members of a / r of the two assessors / interior Academic Group
- The second supervisor / the second witness is (for details s. § 22 (2) of the general. part of BPO) is fixed.
- the time the registration form, which you have to give the APA, have it signed by your Erstgutachterin / your first referee, the first referee / the Erstgutachterin tell you who is second supervisor / in need. then look for the second supervisor / the second witness in the consultation and let the application form by him / her sign.
When will I clearly shows how accompanying event to the thesis? And which side event I have to take?
- accompanying event to the thesis you show usually in the semester in which you write the dissertation. Exceptions (for example, medieval studies) for components that do not offer the colloquium in each semester.
- curriculum for the Summer Term 20 will be shown in due course.
- who wish to write their thesis in a component in German, is to offer any accompanying event, visit the thematically closest companion event.
What is the scope thesis?
- BA thesis is to include at least 30 pages and no more than 40 pages.